What programs are offered?
A Brush with Kindness: seniors 60 or older with a household income at or below 80% of the area median income in Port Arthur, the Mid-County area, or the City of Orange may qualify for minor repairs to their primary residence. There is no repayment or sweat equity required. These repairs are offered as funds are available. Download the application here.
Rebuilding Beaumont Together: a partnership between Habitat and the City of Beaumont to offer minor repairs for owner‐occupied homes. Applicants must earn no more than than 80% of the area median income and maintain the home within the Beaumont city limits as their primary residence. Priority is given to seniors and the disabled. There is no repayment or sweat equity required. Download the application here.
Home after Harvey: a homeowner‐Habitat partnership repair program for owner‐occupied homes damaged by Harvey. Applicants must earn no more than 80% of the area median income (100% for veterans) and maintained the home as their primary residence as of August 29, 2017. A family is expected to contribute their insurance or FEMA proceeds to the repairs either before applying or in conjunction with Habitat funding. Sweat equity is required. Depending on the cost and ability to repay, there may be a monthly repayment for part of the expenses. Download the application here.
Homebuyer program: We are not currently accepting applications for the Homebuyer program. Watch our Facebook page for the next open application period. Families who need a helping hand purchasing an affordable home can help renovate or build and pay a small monthly mortgage.
Here are the basics:
1. Need: families must need help accessing decent affordable housing and make 80% or less of the area median income.
2. Willingness to partner: families must be willing to help renovate or build their homes in conjunction with staff and volunteers.
3. Ability to pay: families must be able to afford to pay an affordable, zero‐interest mortgage and taxes and insurance. Credit is also a factor, although we do not have a minimum score requirement. Each report is evaluated on collection activity (exclusive of medical bills) in the last 24 months and patterns of conduct.
1. What if I own a home? This program is geared toward first‐time buyers, so you may not have owned a home in the previous three years. The exception is if your home was destroyed by Harvey. On a case by case basis, we will consider demolishing and rebuilding on your lot or one of ours.
2. Did I have to lose my housing to Harvey? It is not a requirement, but one of the criteria is need and the process is somewhat competitive. A family displaced by the storm, therefore, will have a more compelling need for assistance.
3. Will you build on my land? We may, especially in Port Arthur or Orange where we do not have a lot of vacant property. That is considered on a case by case basis.
4. Are the houses new? No, some are rehabilitated. We can house more families faster by converting existing properties into affordable units.
5. Where do you work? We work in Beaumont, Port Arthur, and the City of Orange.
6. HOW DO I APPLY?
How to Apply
1. Print out the application for the program best suited to you. If you cannot print the application, call the office at (409) 832-5853 or email email@example.com. Rebuilding Beaumont Together apps can be mailed out and there is special assistance for seniors and disabled applicants who cannot get into the office. Home after Harvey apps may be mailed out. The homebuyer app is only available when the application period is open. If special assistance is needed to complete the forms, staff can help.
2. Complete it and return it to 610 Trinity, Beaumont, TX 77701 with ALL required documentation. If you cannot get all your information gathered within the allotted time, call the office BEFORE that times runs out. Extensions are available. Rebuilding Beaumont Together apps can be re‐opened, Harvey apps depend on funding, homebuyer apps past the due date will not be re‐opened.
3. Promptly respond to requests by staff for further information. We are working as quickly as we can on a lot of applications because need is high. Non‐responsive applicants will be disqualified or moved to the back of the line in favor of those who show more initiative. If you have questions, please call our office at (409) 832-5853. We cannot tell you without a completed application if you qualify, but we can answer questions about the programs and process.
Family Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
non-Veteran applicants $34,650 $39,600 $44,550 $49,450 $53,450 $57,400 $61,350 $65,300
Veterans* $43,300 $49,500 $55,700 $61,800 $66,800 $71,700 $76,700 $81,600
*buyers above 80% may not qualify for some down payment assistance or other grants